Music of India: Bhangra
- This is not a song but just a short sample of what a dhol sounds like. It is by the HDP Dhol Players and was published on YouTube in 2013.
- “Visakhii”, written by Bibi Gurdev Kaur and sung by Tyohaaran Day Geet. The song is a festival song, not from a movie, with no publishing year to be found.
- “Jind Mahi”, a folk tune sung by Malkit Singh in 2002. Although it was featured in “Bend It Like Beckham”, the song was traditional and therefore not written for the movie.
- “Na Na Na Re” from Mrityudaata, sung by Daler Mehndi and Sudesh Bhonsle. It came out in 1997 with music by Anand Milind.
- This is a mashup of songs created by Cornell’s Bhangra team (possibly Masoom, who knows!) for their performance in 2015.
- This is also a mashup by DJ Breathless, released in 2015.
- This is a mashup created by Bhangra Empire, a bhangra team from University of California at Irvine. They created this selection of songs for a 2010 performance.